Introduction; The Great yyovo Greeting card design challenge

LSY

Administrator
Staff member
Its the one & only with the yellow lipstick! ! 🤗 I am excited to introduce; The Great yyovvo Greeting Card Design Challenge.
@yyovvo, we love to have fun, we love to create, challenge the status quo and set the trend! ...and we are only just getting started!

The Great yyovvo Greeting card design challenge.

Design challenge pic.png

Whats is it?
It is a themed greeting card design competition that will run every month on yyovvo with great prizes and a buzzing atmosphere.
Every month we will ask creators to submit their work based on the theme for that month, eg mothers's day , valentine's day, christmas day etc

How it works; 5 simple steps

1. you need to have a yyovvo shop with at least 5 listings. if not, open your shop in 3-minutes on yyovvo. complete your profile and upload your first listing.
2. list the design you wish to submit for the competition in your shop. (this can be handmade design or digital design).
3. email the Greeting card design in the same format and specifications as the shop listing requirements as an attachment to admin@yyovvo.co.uk including + design description + listing link. Submissions without these details will not be considered. Only one submission per challenge.
4. The short-listed designs are posted in a voting poll on the yyovvo community,
5. The yyovvo community votes for their favourite designs. You can share links of the competition to your SM, family & friends to support you.
All votes are crowd-sourced from the yyovvo community. The winning design at the end of the voting period wins £500 cash prize! (this prize will increase in the future). All other competitors win free listings ''featured promotion'' on yyovvo marketplace for 30-days.

Requirements;

1. you need to have a yyovvo shop with at least 5 listings. open your shop in 3-minutes on yyovvo, complete your profile and upload your first listing.
2. you need to be 18yrs or older
3. you must have exclusive rights on the greeting card design. your design doesn’t incorporate anyone else’s work, trademarks, or logos
4. your submitted design should be a listing in your shop.
5. you need to be registered on the yyovvo community to participate, i.e., to join the challenge or vote on the challenge. NB registration details for yyovvo marketplace and yyovvo community are separate, you will need to register separately for each platform. We are still working on this.

FYI; creators

1. yyovvo does not buy any designs, we do not commission or license any designs. yyovvo is a tech company that enables everyone who loves creating cards an opportunity to sell their cards and develop their passion.
2. you as the creator retain all the rights to your creative work and can sell it elsewhere or use it as you please. this gives creators real independence as there is no exclusivity to yyovvo.
3. you always have full control of your inventory from your shop dashboard where you can track and edit your listings.
4. yyovvo strongly believes in the social aspect of shopping and is designed with many social tools. We love social commerce and we encourage that you interact with your audience through comments, messages, likes, sharing and other social tools at your disposal. The yyovvo algorithm favours products and shops with higher social interaction in search rankings.
5. yyovvo challenges and competitions are not just about winning, they are about participating, creating a community and helping each other develop our passions and skills.

FYI; voters

1. you can only vote on one design per challenge. competitors can also vote.
2. if you change your mind about your choice you can change your vote.
3. you are welcome to comment, critique, and interact with other members as per house rules.
4. you cannot post any votes once the challenge is closed.
5. yyovvo is all about community, sharing, having fun...spread the love.

So...Why join

1. develop as an artist. critique submissions and enjoy advice and feedback from our uniquely supportive creative community.
2. have your say. yyovvo is rapidly developing and by participating, you become a curator of tomorrow's greeting cards market leader.
3. starting out in the industry or have some new designs you are not sure about? this is a great opportunity to taste the waters and see what is and isn’t working in the market. you’ll be able to hone your style.
4. reap the rewards. winners receive a cash prize, as well as create an audience, a platform to showcase their work and boost their sales.
5. yyovvo challenges and competitions are not just about winning, they are about participating, creating a community and helping each other develop our passions and skills. this is why we say yyovvo is not just a marketplace, its a community.

Join the Current live Challenge here

Vote on the current challenge here.

See previous Challenge winners here

See previous challenges here

Any questions, comments, views etc are most welcome, please post below 👇

Last edited by a moderator:

RachaelSells

I love this idea, it's a great way to bring creatives together and have a bit of fun, oh and a bit of extra 🤑💰 too.

I'm looking forward to seeing designs that others have come up with and will enjoy voting.

Good luck everyone.

Lyla

Thoughtful idea. It is a nice way to compensate for creativity.
I look forward to this challenge. Keep up the good work

amysonline

Brilliant idea - I'm so excited for this!! Can't wait to see all the designs that come out over the next year! I love a Christmas card, so I'm personally very, VERY buzzing about this one!! :love: 🎄🤶🎅

This is such a fun and creative way to express yourself. I actually used to love making my own cards when I was growing up. I'd rely on printing and glue, I am not the best at drawing. I can't wait to see the submissions!

lazydays

Love this. As mentioned in another thread, I may or may not join in for future competitions but I will be a part of this in the voting segments for sure. Thus far, I am impressed with the creations that have been made!

KittyKate

Wow, that is a lot of money for a competition! I might have to give this a go for the next round. I love the idea though. It really is great for the community as a whole and I hope it attracts more people to the site and forum.

Janni

I have a question about this. I may have overlooked it, sorry if I had!

Will the card submissions be based on the month in some sort of theme depending on the month's holiday or season?

wallflower

This is such a fun and creative way to express yourself. I actually used to love making my own cards when I was growing up. I'd rely on printing and glue, I am not the best at drawing. I can't wait to see the submissions!
I did this too! I did it mostly for my parents for things like mothers and fathers day but I would go above and beyond. I know the one year I went so overheard, the card was too heavy to even stand up! haha!

spaceguru

Will this be an ongoing thing for good or just for this year? I am curious as I have never been part of a forum that has been able/willing to give this much away for contests. I love it. I think it will encourage more people to join, participate, and expand their creative business ventures.

sugarbanana

How long is the voting process open for? I seemed to have missed out on it which is a bit of a bummer. I will still check it out though!

lilian45

It might have been answered already and I just overlooked it...
But when will the next one be? How long of a period is given for people to make the cards?

sailaway12

Such a fantastic idea!

I love that this allows people on the forum to showcase their creativity and be rewarded for it. I am looking forward to being a part of these and voting!