Gifting Based on Their Zodiac

zodiac.png
Want to gift your friend or loved one the ultimate birthday gift? Why not use their star sign? It really adds that personal touch!​

By doing a little research, you can avoid gifting disappointments and awkward moments by narrowing down their little quirks as well as their personal likes and dislikes. This little list will help you take that first big step to making the process a little more simple.

Aries​

(March 21 - April 19)​

This fire sign is synonymous with passion, excitement and adventure! They are natural born leaders who ooze confidence, so shopping for an Aries during a pandemic might be tough, the usual sky-diving experience might have to be put on hold but you can still make it fun. Whether it's a hiking excursion which some hardwearing, ultra classic Timberland boots would perfect for or this extra colourful Geometric Print Lampshade.

aries timberland.jpeg
Aries lamp.jpg

Taurus​

(April 20 - May 20)​

As an earth sign, Taurus men and women tend to enjoy the finer things in life and much prefer the quality of a gift over the quantity or how expensive it is. But in saying that, the ultimate way to please them is through using their senses, whether it's a beautiful, classic scent of a new perfume (think Maison Francois Kurkdijian's floral, amber yet intense woody scent) or the feel of a gorgeous gingham summer scarf made of pure linen found on Etsy. You could even opt for a home cooked meal accompanied with a delectable desert to top it off. Or better yet, treat them to a gourmet meal at an authentic restaurant (ideally a cuisine they really like). Just remember, they prefer thoughtful quality gifts over trendy items or an array of trinkets.

taurus perfume.jpeg
taurus gungham scarf.jpg

Gemini​

(May 21 - June 20)​

Although Gemini's are known to be super extraverted and have a booming social life, they are also very intelligent, philosophical and inquisitive. Enter 36 Hours World, a book containing a roundup of 150 cities across six continents, each tailored for a memorable and feasible 36-hour stay; a perfect companion for a group holiday full of adventures. Or the FujiFilm Instax Mini Camera to appeal to their more party-animal side, light enough to take while clubbing, dancing or travelling with friends!

gemini travel book.jpg
gemini camera.jpeg

Cancer​

(June 21 - July 22)​

The sentimental water sign appreciates a gift from the heart but they love a little bit of luxury too. They care a lot about the space they live in and only accept the best, whether it's cozy cotton blankets or silk pyjamas, they only want the best. This Abella Linen Quilt from La Redoute ticks many boxes, it's luxurious, looks amazing in your home and oh so cozy! And to match why not treat them to a Silk White Piped Pyjama set from The White Company from The White Company. Another route you could take is to buy for the home as they take a lot of pride in their surroundings (particularly if they are entertaining guests) so the Xeina 12 Piece Reactive Glaze Dinner Set from Made gives off major Michelin-star restaurant vibes.

cancer made plates.jpeg
1623339987552.png
cancer blanket.jpeg

Leo​

(July 23 - August 22)​

Vivacious, passionate and extra! Do not be afraid to go all out for the fire sign because they also expect nothing less. Think leather, jewellery or a swanky dinner at Michelin star restaurant because they won't be happy with anything less. It can be tricky but even with a budget you will need to think creatively, even if that means nabbing a one-of-a-kind heirloom at an antique shop or perhaps even a second hand boutique if needs must. Now, now... if you're buying new, you won't be expected to arrive at the party with a Tiffany's box (although they wouldn't say no) but a Gold Initial Necklace from Kate Spade will definitely do the trick!

pexels-william-choquette-2641886.jpg
1623340555974.png

Virgo​

(August 23 - September 22)​

A little bit more thought may need to go into gifting for a Virgo, they are Earth signs who are more intelligent, insightful and practical and they look for inspiration from the gifts that are given to them. Yes, as Earth signs they are in touch with material things but they prefer practical gifts that they can use in their day to day or to inspire them to learn a new skill or complete a milestone they have always wished to overcome. It could be running a marathon, mastering cooking or art. Examples could be running shoes to help them achieve a fitness goal like the light and versatile New Balance Fresh Foam Running Shoes or perhaps plants to inspire their home and surroundings, this Peace Lily from M&S brings tranquility to any home. Also if they've expressed the desire to journal their thoughts and be more mindful, this Papier Wellness Journal would be a good place to start for beginners as it's guided with different prompts and spaces to jot down intentions, thoughts and feels!

1623253803393.png
1623253899730.png
1623253823971.png

Libra​

(September 23 - October 22)​

You will often hear that this particular air sign is known for being deeply obsessed with beautiful things, whether it be art, fashion or decor. You will also no doubt have come across that this particular sign make excellent designers, stylists or artists. So how do you buy for a Libra who's already ahead of the game? First, find out what their favourite styles, colours or designers are and act accordingly. Make sure you get something that not many people have as this will secure you first place in their hearts. Think niche yet luxury like a Diptyque Figuier candle or the latest Le Labo Baei 19 Perfume that you know they won't have.

libra diptyque candle.jpeg
1623255284389.png

Scorpio​

(October 23 - November 22)​

Scorpio's can be quite tricky to buy for, they can be passionate and particular about their likes (and dislikes) and tend to be quite obsessive about what interests them. So if you get the wrong thing, I wouldn't expect an overly fake thank you out of politeness, more like a curt smile. They are drawn to the dark side, mysticism and live for latest thriller series or crime documentary. So with a lot of research (via Scorpio friends), they love to get in touch with their mysterious side so why not help them activate their spiritual awareness with a handmade purple amethyst crystal found on Etsy. Alternatively, feed into their provocative side and purchase this coveted OPI Nail Laquer in Leonardo's Model Colour, its starry shade is a sure way to impress any Scorpio.

Sagittarius​

(November 23 - December 22)​

Intellect, adventure and fiery. If you're lucky enough to be friends with a sag, you'll know that their jet-setting life makes them the ideal story-teller and the life of the party. They are always planning their next big move or venture and are known to be positive go-getters! So on that note, super cool maps mounted on their walls like this Framed Celestial Map by Made by Made (Sags know no bounds right?) or a Gold Plated Vermeil Earth Pendant by Astley Clarke would make a sophisticated accessory to their extravagant lifestyle.

1623339356309.png
1623339374989.png

Capricorn​

(December 22 - January 19)​

Let's start off with Capricorns, known for their work ethic and a "all work and no play" attitude. They love the grind but sometimes forget to take some time to wind down and slot in self-care rituals to avoid burnout. Creating a hamper packed full of treats like face masks, skin pampering products and bath salts is a thoughtful way of reminding your loved one to slow down and indulge once in a while. Capricorns are also known to be very ambitious and feel at their best when they are out there conquering the world, so why not help them? Lessen the burden of world domination by helping them get organised with cool note pads, to do lists and captivating desk calendars. A perfect sidekick to any Capricorn is the Joy Daily Planner , its compact with a ton of pages for lists, ideas and of course your weekly planner.

papier organiser.jpeg
papier organiser inside.jpeg

Aquarius​

(January 20 - February 18)​

Often confused with a water sign, this air sign is actually known to be the quirkiest of them all so it can be a little tricky to shop for an Aquarius as their traits might seem to be contradictory at times. However, they are more notably known as the most humanitarian astrological sign, so why not combine a bit of luxury with their altruism and purchase something like Neom's Perfect Night's Sleep Intensive Skin Treatment Candle . This candle is not only vegan and environmentally friendly but so on trend with it's packaging and gorgeous lavender and jasmine scent. And do not forget its intensely nourishing magic 6 ingredients, Baobab, jojoba oil, rapeseed oil, soybean oil, sweet almond oil and cocoa seed butter. If your loved one wants something a little more practical, these Veja Wata trainers are not only vegan and perfect for him or her but super trendy and definitely not going anywhere.

aquarius vegan neom candle.jpeg
1623340480169.jpeg

Pisces​

(February 19 - March 20)​

When you think Pisces, empathy and emotional comes to mind. They are usually great listeners who will listen to their friends rant and often cry with them. But sometimes, they are the ones that need that same comfort they lovingly provide their nearest and dearest, so a list of self-care ideas is a definite winner in their books. Don't forget! They are extremely romantic and sappy, so there's no such thing as too many flowers or hearts. Now, all that crying and late nights comforting their friends can take its toll, so the beautiful Slip Beauty Sleep To Go Set is a lavish way to sleep their stresses away and get that much needed Zzzz. Or help them heal to maximum strength with MOA's Dreamy Mineral Soak .

moa-dreamy-mineral-soak-100g-p38494-30961_image.jpeg
Pisces Slip Sleep Set.jpeg

Attachments

• cancer blanket.jpeg
    cancer blanket.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 1623339839907.jpeg
    1623339839907.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 1623340044959.png
    1623340044959.png
    469.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited by a moderator:

sailaway12

I would have never thought to do gifts this way! I have some friends who are into zodiac things. I have never been but I am going to make note of this for sure. With Christmas coming up, I think it could be fun taking inspiration from this!

lazydays

This isn't something that I ever consider. I don't really know anyone who is heavily into their signs but this could come in handy whilst gift shopping so I will keep the suggestions in mind for next time.

Jenny

Thanks for sharing. This is a nice little guide to go off of. Most of my friends don't really follow their zodiac sign, but I think it'd be fun to see if my friends like any of these types of gifts.

amysonline

Love this! I'm not sure many of my friends follow their zodiac, but it's quite a nice idea to gift in this way! Think it makes the gift a little more special - and it'd require a little bit of extra thought. Thanks for the ideas!

Lyla

Thanks for this article. You have given me a way to hand gifts to people. Keep up the good work dear